Sunday, January 10, 2010

What is maybe worse than the fact that I haven't told you anything about my life in forever is the fact that I haven't really taken any pictures in forever.  So I'm now 0-2.  Boo.  Anyway, I suppose the biggest news is that I'm officially moved back to Oregon now!  Yay!  The move was pretty uneventful.  My dad and Bryan drove over with a u-haul to get all our stuff back, which was great!  I spent that next week, the week of Christmas, settling back in to my room.  It was (and is still) quite a task; I have been going through "memorabilia" that I have been boxing and putting in the attic, but it's still sort of an ongoing project.  At least it's one less thing I'll have to do when Bryan and I get married! 


Bryan and I at my grandpa's birthday party a few days after I got home.


From left to right:  Me, my sister Madeleine, my sister Emma, my brother Jonny, my cousin Stephanie, my cousin Sarah, my sister Rachel, and my cousin Ryan.  And grandpa in the middle!

Anyway, Bryan went to Sunriver with his family for Christmas so we were apart for the holiday.  =(  On Christmas Eve, I went to communion service at Praise and then had potato soup dinner and opened presents with my immediate family!  My mom makes homemade potato soup every Christmas Eve.  Yum!  Christmas day we woke up, opened stockings, and went to my Grandma and Grandpa Green's for brunch.  We opened gifts and stayed there until about 3:00, then headed back down to our house because everyone from my mom's side of the family came over for dinner!  It was pretty crazy, and with the size of that side of the family (20+ people), we didn't get through with gifts and everything until around midnight!  It was a very busy couple of days!

Madeleine opening something on Christmas Eve


Me on Christmas Eve!  And my dad...and Emma doing something.  And Jonny trying on the OSU jersey I got him for Christmas.


Jonny and Emma.  I'm opening something in the background.


Rachel and Josh


My cousin Hillary and I wearing our Christmas presents from grandma!

On Saturday (the 26th), I picked Brittney, Tanner (Bryan's brother)'s girlfriend up at 9:00 AM and we headed over to Sunriver to join the Hall family!  We reached Bend around noon and met Sue (Bryan's mom) and Jenna (Bryan's sister-in-law) at the Old Mill shopping center.  The boys were snowboarding all day, so we spent the day taking advantage of some after-Christmas sales.  That night, we hung out at the house they had rented in Sunriver with the Halls and they Hayses (Bryan's aunt, uncle, and three cousins).  We hot tubbed, watched a movie, and just relaxed.  It was really fun!  I was bummed that we had to leave the next day, but what can ya do?

Jenna, me, and Brittney shopping at Old Mill

On the following Monday (the 28th), I started working at the OSU Payroll office again.  I am excited to be back at work mainly because I'm so poor!  I mean, really.  I worked all that week (well, until Thursday anyway).  On Thursday, New Year's Eve, I went with Bryan's family (and Brittney!) up to Kyle and Jenna (Bryan's brother and sister-in-law)'s house in Beaverton.  Jenna's parents and sister had been at their house that day for their Christmas, and we all spent the evening together playing games and watching TV.  It was really fun!  We all stayed the night there (11 people in a 1500 square foot house...yeah).  It was a bit crowded, but I'm a good sleeper so I didn't mind sleeping in the same room as two snorers (one of whom I'm marrying).  On New Year's Day, Bryan and I went shopping in the morning.  Nothing big, he just wanted to get a new pair of jeans at Old Navy.  We then headed back to Kyle and Jenna's to watch the Rose Bowl.  I had to watch the game with a bunch of Duck fans.  Ugh.  Not that I didn't want the Ducks to win, but let's just say I wasn't too upset that they didn't.  After the game, we headed home.

I spent last Sunday getting mentally prepared to start school this last week.  It didn't work, but it was a decent attempt.  I am only taking two (easy) classes this term since I'm still relatively undecided about my major.  Because of this, and the fact that OSU will still only let me work 20 hours a week, I am picking up two shifts at the Grocery Outlet every week.  What sucks is that Monday and Tuesday both I am working/in class/doing SOMETHING from 4 AM - 10 PM.  Last week I was SOOOO tired!!  If I am still barely surviving this week, I may have to change which days I work, but I hope I can make it! 


I am sure I left some crucial details of my life out, but I have to wake up in six hours so I have GOT to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are back in the O are you? what is your major now or a you Pharm agian? And with you back to oregon does that mean you may get married sooooooner?

Lindsey said...

Yep I'm back! I'm not sure yet what my major is going to be. I'm just going to school part time "exploring my options." Ugh. And NO, I wish we could get married sooner!!! But we couldn't afford a wedding sooner. And Bryan and I both get big discounts on school since my dad and his mom both work for the university SO we are also prolonging a bit for that reason because as soon as we get married we lose the discounts!