Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Perspective

So today, between reading articles about the traumatic earthquake in Haiti, I saw a Facebook status update of a friend of mine.  It announced that there is an H&M going in at Pioneer Square this year.  And I quickly said, "YES, life will be so great from now on!" 

Really?  My life hasn't been great up until now?  Not until I know there will be an H&M within a two hour drive?  Not to say it's not okay to be excited about a store that I LOVE (and is really inexpensive by the way), but I just had to chuckle a bit as I continued to read about the crisis Haitians are facing.  Not because it's funny, but because I am so ridiculous.

Anyway, this realization actually served to remind me to be very thankful for everything that I have.  I have THREE jobs in a recession (that's hard to be thankful for sometimes...), I have a house to live in and food to eat (sometimes too much) for FREE (thanks mom & dad), I have a nice car, I have an obscene amount of clothes for one person, and more importantly I have a great family, a great fiance, great friends, and a great God who all love me very much!


So, in true Joy Quarles blog style (because I have blog envy), I will say, "Be thankful!"

3 comments:

joyq said...

Awe Linds I love you! I have all sorts of envy about you. Hair, for one. General cuteness for two. I could go on. I LOVE YOU!

Lindsey said...

Haha thanks. I am just not as witty as you are. But I'll take my good hair and run with it!

Lindsey said...

Actually...I won't run with it. Because I don't exercise. More like I'll take my good hair and sit on the couch and eat an entire package of cookies with it.