Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blazer Game, Bridal Show, Baby's Room! (and my exhaustion)

I have been SO busy lately!  I am working 15 hours a week at OSU Payroll and 18 hours a week at the Grocery Outlet.  I'm getting tired just thinking about it!!!  My weekdays are pretty exhausting because I'm doing so much, but it is definitely worth it to never work during the weekends!  Anyway, I just thought I would get that out there so you would all understand why I don't have time for blogging (or thinking). 

Last Friday, Rae offered Bryan and I tickets to the Blazer game that night.  She had bought them for her brother and sister-in-law, who couldn't end up going.  So we went up to Portland with her and her boyfriend Mark and had a great time!  The Blazers beat the Orlando Magic 102-87.  It was a really exciting game to watch, even though the Blazers never gave up the lead throughout the game.  Plus, we got free Chalupas AND Egg McMuffins.  Basically a great night.

Bryan and I at the game

Bryan and I stayed the night at Kyle and Jenna's house that night because Saturday was PAINTING DAY for my little niece's room.  On Saturday, Sue came up to Portland and she, Jenna, and I all went to the Portland Bridal Show while Kyle and Bryan went to see Avatar in 3-D.  (What I wonder is WHY wouldn't they want to come to the bridal show?  So baffling.)  Anyway, the bridal show was really cool!  We got there (1/2 hour after the time that they start letting people in) and had to wait in a line of probably 300 people still!  We were in line for about 1/2 hour, then we got to go in.  There were so many people there and it was so huge that we basically just went around grabbing brochures and information from people.  I also entered about 500 drawings.  Will I win any?  No.  But who can turn down the possibility of getting free stuff?  Not I.  Oh, and we also gorged ourselves on cake samples!  It was out of control!  We all got really sick...too much sugar and not enough real food to eat.  That being said, they were all delicious.


Sue, Jenna, and I at the bridal show
 
All of the stuff I got!  I didn't spread it out fully because I didn't want to have to pick it all up.  ;)

After we were done at the bridal show, we headed back to Kyle and Jenna's so the boys (and Sue) could get painting.  They got a little ladybug border for the room that has a pink and green color scheme.  They painted the bottom half of the room green, and the upper half pink.  I didn't take a picture.  I sincerely apologize.  While they were painting, I looked through some of the paraphernalia I had just been bombarded with and then fell asleep on the couch at a wonderful 9:30 pm.  I got to glance at the room when it was done, but I wasn't quite there enough to think about pictures.  I'm sure Jenna will have pictures of the room once they put the border up.

The rest of the weekend I just relaxed and did homework!  Not too much fun, but not bad either.  Then back to the normal grind this week!  On Tuesday afternoon, the Halls had to put down their 15 year old dog, Barkley (whom I also don't have a picture of...).  It was a really hard thing for them to do, but it was definitely his time.  He will be missed very much!

And...for the great news...Saturday, Bryan and I are going to go look at two reception venues!  I'm SOOOOO excited!  But I'll leave you on the edge of your seat and talk about that a different day... =)

2 comments:

joyq said...

yeah!

Mrs. K said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved going to bridal shows. I actually won a gorgeous necklace and earrings set from a raffle at one of them and gets tons of compliments still. Good luck planning