Monday, November 16, 2009

"Thanksgiving" on the Farm

This weekend, I got to go to my family's farm in Conrad, MT. It was so fun! My cousin Anna and her husband Andy are going to be at his family's house for Thanksgiving this year, so they were at her parents' this weekend celebrating Thanksgiving. Rae had to work Saturday, so we couldn't head over there until about 6:30 Saturday evening. We arrived at the farm at 9:30, which I'm told is very impressive. I'm also told it's because I drive like a Green. Who knew? Anyway, we were welcomed with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and all things Thanksgiving! It was spectacular! We chatted for awhile, then headed out to the hot tub. It was a perfect hot tubbing night---completely clear! And of course it's so dark out at the farm, and you can see forever (big sky country and all), so I'm pretty sure I saw stars I didn't know existed! It was a whopping 15 degrees outside (apparently that's "nothing." HA!), so our hair turned to icicles. Rae and I were pretty entertained by that! When our ears felt like they would freeze off, we headed inside. Then we just hung out and watched TV until 2:00 am! Oh, and ate more pumpkin pie... =).

Sunday morning, I woke up at 8:00 because I don't like to sleep in! I was the first "young person" awake, so I got the privilege of watching "U.S. Farm Report" and drinking coffee with my Uncle Dan. He said he has to get up reaaally early Sunday mornings because all of his favorite shows are on then. I guess U.S. Farm Report is one of your favorite shows when you run a farm! I just thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. My cousin Jeremiah arrived at around 8:30, followed by my cousin Joe. My aunt and uncle don't have any kids left living at the farm, but Jer and Joe don't live too far away! They were running around all over the place because it was the last day of hunting season. Jer and Uncle Dan were trying to shoot something, and Joe apparently tries to save the deer. It was quite funny to observe! Shortly after they got there, everyone else woke up. My Aunt Nancy made homemade cinnamon rolls and frosting for breakfast, which were FANTASTIC! Then Rae, Anna, Andy, and I all went for a walk down to the "neighbors'" house, which is about 3/4 mile away. It was a beautiful morning! After our walk, we all sat down for a game of Trivial Pursuit. Rae and I won! I was shocked, because I'm usually horrible at that game! It was really fun though. Then, we had lasagna, garlic bread, and salad for lunch before going outside for the annual "Thanksgiving" football game! The team I was on won...I think? It was pretty messy all around, but really fun! Then we had Nancy's huckleberry pie (YUM) with ice cream. At that point it was about 2:30 and Rae and I had to head home. We wanted to drive home during daylight, since it had been dark on the way there and the scenery is great. And it was great! Of course I forgot to take pictures the whole time we were there, but I took some on the way home so I will just post some of those!


This is from our walk around the farm.


Pretty mountains!


Love this!


Sun setting over the Rockies. I'm kicking myself for having auto-flash on and not just having the flash on; this would've looked so much cooler! Oh well...

Anyway, I had a great weekend and was really glad to spend time with family! This coming week holds absolutely nothing exciting...but I'm heading home for Thanksgiving a week from tomorrow! Woohoo!

No comments: