Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Two Years Later...

I am just a few short days of being blogless for two years.  I actually can't believe it's been that long!  Since we have started some new ventures in life, I am finding it harder to keep in touch with people I used to see all the time, so I am going to try to blog more often to stay in touch with old coworkers and friends.  We'll see how it goes...I can give no guarantees!  Although now that I'm done with school, writing isn't SUCH a chore.

So a quick update on the past two years to bring everyone up to speed.  A lot has happened!  I am going to post pictures where possible, but we got a new computer semi-recently, and I haven't put in the effort to transfer our photos yet.

On March 4, 2011, Bryan and I officially closed on our first house.  It is a dinky thing, but we got a great deal and have been happy with it; much better than renting!  Before we moved in, we scraped down the popcorn ceilings, re-textured the ceilings, painted every surface (walls, ceilings, doors, doorjambs, molding), installed pot lights in the living room and kitchen, replaced most of the light switches and outlets, got new carpet installed, and CLEANED.  I have to give most of the credit for this to Bryan, my dad, and really a lot of our family.  I did what I could, but much of it was stuff I couldn't do, and I was wedding-crazed anyway!

On March 19, 2011, after exactly sixteen days of intense house work, Bryan and I got married.  Our day was wonderful.  We had so much fun with our family and friends, we couldn't have asked for a better day! 
 

We left the day after the wedding for our honeymoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  We had an amazing time!  San Juan is a beautiful city, and we really enjoyed relaxing and sightseeing. 


Fast forward to June 11, 2011--Bryan graduated from Western Oregon University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Admin - Finance.  Woohoo!  Also, our niece Jasmine's first birthday.  Side note.
 



Okay--next.  I'm sure I am skipping things, but oh well!  On July 24, 2011 Bryan and I brought home our first baby, Charlie.  And by baby, I mean dog.  But he is our baby.  He was two years old and some change when we got him, and he is arguably the cutest dog EVER. 


Sophie, the German exchange student who lived with my family when we were in high school, and her boyfriend, Lukas, came to stay with us for TWO MONTHS of the summer.  It was so awesome having them here!!!
 

I'm going to jump ahead to January 10, 2012 when our first nephew, Jack, was born. 

1 comment:

Jenna Hall said...

Yay! I love the blog! :)